Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week bloggers are invited to participate by posting their own Top Ten list on a certain category. To kick off 2013, this weeks’ list is Top Ten books I resolve to read in 2013.
Here is my list:
1. The Wild Girl – Kate Forsyth. I loved Bitter Greens and am really looking forward to Kate’s new book about the Grimm brothers.
2. Mr Penumbra’s 24-hour book store – Robin Sloan. I’ve heard lots od good things about this one on twitter, and it’s all ready to go on my kindle.
3.Foal’s Bread – Gillian Mears. My next book club choice for later in the year.
4. The Diviner’s – Libba Bray. Again this is waiting to go on my kindle.
5. An Abundance of Katherines – John Green. I discovered John Green this year when I read The Fault in our stars, which I loved. I’m hoping to participate in a read-a-long of An Abundance of Katherines in March.
6. And the Mountains echoed – Khaled Hosseini. There is nothing more to say except that I can’t wait for this one!
7. The Girl You Left Behind – Jojo Moyes. I have been looking forward to this one since I was lucky enough to win a copy from Culture Street.
8. Sense and Sensibility – Jane Austen. This is on my Classics Club list so I will either read this or another Austen in 2013.
9.The Storyteller – Jodi Piccoult. I am reading this for Allen and Unwin for its release in March.
10. Beautiful Darkness – I recently read Beautiful Creatures which I loved, so I am keen to see how the story continues.
So there you have it. My Top Ten books I resolve to read in 2013.